Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back to Interview Questions
- List the RFC1918 private address space blocks.
- OSPF is a link state routing protocol. What is meant by the term link state?
- What is the Spanning Tree protocol used for?
- What is the function of an Rendezvous Point (RP) in a multicast PIM-Sparse Mode network ?
- What is control plane policing ?
- List 7 fields in the IPv4 header and their sizes in bits ?
- Write an outgoing route-map for a bgp session, advertising all bgp routes, except those containing AS 34245?
- What do you know about global routing table size increases? What problem is it causing and what are engineer.s doing to try and alleviate the problems it's causing?
- What do you know about IP address and AS number exhaustion? What current and future methods are you aware of to combat both of these problems?
- What 5 networking books do you think every network engineer should read ?
- Can you explain how to work out how many addresses are usable in a standard subnet?
- If you had to write some code to see if an IP address was in a particular subnet, how would you do it?
- What is a VLAN? How do they work?
- Can you explain some differences between, and give examples of when you would use HSRP, VRRP and BGP for resilience?
- Give an example of when you might use, or have used, tcpdump/ethtool/sniffer ?
- Updating ACLs safely, how would you go about it?
- Can you describe the three-way handshake, roughly?
- What's a link-state protocol?
- Do you know what an administrative distance is? Any examples?
- PKI: Can you describe, roughly how Public Key Cyrpto works? If a protocol is encrypted, how can it be proxied?