RBOnly:Minutes 11 12 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Absent: Amy (excused)
- Previous minutes approved.
- Richard hates the wiki.
- Cian can't remember what he did.
- Eoghan did nothing.
- Werdz broke carbon.
- Kat did college work.
- Kev mailed, did screen tutorial with Dave.
- Dave did lots of tutorial stuff.
- Dano working on posters.
- Receive worked on accounts and stuff.
- Christmas party - went okish. Andrew wants sub committee to meet and discuss problems.
- Cinema trip - went fine despite times errors.
- Some feel allowing member accounts to run forums turns the society into a service provider and could be competition for our forum.
- Admins opposed to being a service provider.
- Kev/coconut/Eoghan in favour, believe it would do more good than harm, only a forum, not competing as it's for a class of 18.
- Committee votes, it is decided that dme3 cannot have its own forum on Redbrick.
- Andrew wants a meeting in January.
- Suggests January 18th at 4pm.
- Cian wants us to meet in his house as he is lonely.
Semester 1 Review
- Not enough photos in campus.
- Clubs and Socs Day wasn't great. Laptops are bad, not enough flyers etc.
- C&S 2 worth making an effort for even if we just get a few members.
- Not enough first years active in the society.
- Blog to be used more and more events to be advertised on it next semester.
- Be more fun!!!
- #lobby bot for events?
- Kat wants poster board for future advertising. Receive promises to get one.
- Receive wants to set out his "12 week plan" for Redbrick. Much laughter ensues. Padraig suggests renaming the society to "Red Block".
- Eoghan falls off his chair for the third meeting in a row.
- It turns out that Receive was serious... wants 6 events and 5 tutorials for next semester and to "start with a bang".
- Tech Week to be big, stuff to get done.
- Dano to upload all his posters.
- Kat to make people write up events.
- Helpdesk to look at more wiki tutorials.
- #lobby is doing ok.
- #intersocs rep - Cian to take over.