Redbrick's Helpdesk is an elite team of hard working idiots dedicated to helping Redbrick users by answering queries, running workshops and forwarding hundreds of mails to the admins.
The Helpdesk Team
Feel free to mail helpdesk[at]redbrick.dcu.ie with any problems at all.
Here you can find guides on how to use different Redbrick services.
Using Your Account
- Introduction to Redbrick - learn the basics.
- Hey - how to use Redbrick's instant messaging program, hey.
- Account Customisation - how to change the look and feel of your Redbrick account.
- Chat/IRC - find out how to chat with other brickies.
- Irssi - page about the irssi client, detailing more advanced features and commands.
- Bitlbee - use chat to connect to MSN, Yahoo & Google talk.
- Automatic Forwarding - how to remove or set up forwarding to different addresses.
- Using mutt - how to use mutt to read and send emails.
- Webmail - learn more about Redbrick's web-based mail clients.
- Procmail - filter your mail and set up different mailboxes.
- Spam Removal - a way of cutting down the spam in your inbox.
- Webspace - how to use your Redbrick webspace and get your website up and running.
- Transferring Files - how to use WinSCP and transfer files to and from Redbrick.
- .htaccess - using htaccess to password protect areas of your site.
- Redbrick Newsgroups - how to read and post to the Redbrick newsgroups using slrn.
- Boards with Thunderbird - how to use the boards in Thunderbird.
- Unix Intro - an introduction to Unix and basic commands that you can use on Redbrick.
- Unix Advanced - some more advanced Unix features.
- File Permissions - introduction to different file permissions and how to use chmod.
- Smilies - a guide on smilies, with lots of different and bizarre variations. :)
- Creating your own man page - how to make your own man page.
Pages in category "Helpdesk"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.