Extension:RSS -- Error: "http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~wiki/rss%7Cshort%7Cmax=5" is not in the whitelist of allowed feeds. There are no allowed feed URLs in the whitelist. Extension:RSS -- Error: "http://planet.redbrick.dcu.ie/rss20.xml%7Cshort%7Cmax=20" is not in the whitelist of allowed feeds. There are no allowed feed URLs in the whitelist. Extension:RSS -- Error: "http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~cammy/pig/rss2.php%7Cshort%7Cmax=5" is not in the whitelist of allowed feeds. There are no allowed feed URLs in the whitelist.
|This is the Redbrick Wiki Web, for all things Redbrick! The idea behind this site is that you as a redbrick member maintain it. If there is something you'd like to see here, you add it. If you find something wrong, you correct it. It couldn't be easier, you can log in with your Redbrick username and password to edit and add pages.|
- Redbrick Chat : Talk on redbrick via your web browser. Go
- Redbrick Jabber/IM : Instant Message people on Redbrick! Go
- Redbrick Gallery : Host your photo gallery on Redbrick Go
- Redbrick Radio : Regular podcasts with a selection of tunes from our members. Go
- Planet Redbrick : A collection of Redbrick members' blogs. Go
- Redbrick Pligg : Our own version of digg.com or reddit.com. Submit and vote on stories from around the web! Go
- Redbrick Web Forums : Web Forums accessible only to Redbrick users. Go
- Redbrick Newsgroups : Read the Redbrick Newsgroups online! Go
- User photos: Mugshots of many Redbrick users. Powered by magluby.
- Nation States: ... is a free online political simulation game. A few Redbrick Users are playing. Why not join them?
- Bebo - There's a Redbrick group on bebo, just register as a DCU student/alumnus to see it.
- Last.fm - The Redbrick group on Last.fm (i.e. what music Redbrick members are listening to!)
- hotornot scoreboard if you're bored and feeling vain, see how you compare
- Redbrick Folding@Home team - so far only a few people using their spare CPU cycles for a good cause
- Redbrick Companies: Companies that Redbrick people are involved in or started.
- Encyclopedia: Good for a laugh.
- Helpdesk: The Helpdesk pages.
- Unsubscribing : You're not on redbrick, but still get those pesky emails!
- DCU Proxy And Scripts: Getting Python scripts to use the right proxy.
- End of the MovableType Saga: A solution to the MovableType saga on Redbrick
- Installing DokuWiki on Redbrick: How to install DokuWiki on Redbrick.
- Installing Gallery On Redbrick: How to install Gallery on Redbrick.
- Installing Wordpress on Redbrick: How to install Wordpress on Redbrick.
- Installing Vanilla on Redbrick: How to install Vanilla forums on Redbrick.
- Instant Messaging: A guide to enabling instant messaging (i.e. not hey but other messaging services such as MSN) on Redbrick
- MovableType To Wordpress: An article on how to migrate from a MovableType blog to a Wordpress blog on your Redbrick website.
- PubCookie on Redbrick: How to make a webservice on Redbrick only avaliable to other Redbrick users.
- Redbrick Radio Podcasts: How to make a podcast for Redbrick Radio.
- System Administration Guide: General guide & advice.
- Why Cant I Get Emails From Hotmail On Redbrick
- Your Webpage Stats: How to get and analysis statistics on your redbrick webpage.
- Mass Renaming Files: How to rename a bunch of files all in one go
- Port Forwarding: Tunnelling traffic through RedBrick
- Academic Research: Info on Postgraduate study/Academic research
- In Jokes: A guide to the numerous in-jokes of the Redbrick boards.
- Jobs: Information on where to look for jobs, how to make a nice CV, how to do well at interviews.
- Coders on Redbrick: A list of coders on redbrick and what langauges they use.
- OSs used by Redbrickers: A list of Operating Systems used by redbrick users.
- Software on Redbrick: A list of software for and by Redbrick Users.
- Top Ten Redbrick Arguments: Recurring debates we've had many times on the boards.
- Why Did You Choose Your Username
- Mindless Coding Music: Non-intrusive music, might help with concentration while programming. Music nazis will forever mock you. :(
- Learning CSS Layout: Info on learning to use CSS to layout your webpage.
- IPod Debate: The IPod debate is often regurgitated on the boards. This article is a summary of the different points of views.
- Distributed Computing: Join the Redbrick team for different worldwide Distributed Computing projects!
- Cluster Computing: Beowulf Linux Cluster @ School of Computing, DCU (2001).
- C-Hey: Command line instant messaging.
- IBM S/390: Proposed projects on an IBM S/390 mainframe @ School of Computing, DCU (2001).
- Newsgroup Reorganisation: A working document detailing the proposed changes to the redbrick and intersocs newsgroup structure.
- Open Labs: Hosted lab sessions for school children (DCU Access Office, DCU Community Office).
- Redbrick Wishlist: A list of projects Redbrick sorely needs (code them to get paid money!).
- Clubs and Socs Alumni: A project aiming to keep DCU alumni involved
- Website To-Do List: Bugs and suggestions for the new Redbrick website design
- Redbrick Hardware: A list of Redbrick Hardware and their Specs
- Training: IT Training/Certification through Redbrick
- A Brief History: A loose overview history (incomplete!)
- Bertie Ahern Visit: When Bertie visited Redbrick.
- Best Society: Best DCU Society, Best National Society (2000/2001)
- Articles about RedBrick: Justin Moran's (cain) article in An Tarbh, and Kevin Doyle's (kevd) article in Campus.
- Posters: Posters over the years...
- Redbrick Anniversary: To discuss and organise our 10-year anniversary! (event/book)
- Redbrick Logo: The history of Redbrick logos!
- SemNet: A once-off tech seminar day (2003).
- Tech Week: A week long series of tech events at DCU.
- Timeline: Redbrick Timeline.
- WaveHunt: Wireless network tracking competition in Dublin.
Collected Redbrick Wisdom
- Bike Locks: You've bought a bike - now to secure it. How to pick a good lock.
- Cycling: Cycling around Redbrick and Dublin.
- Contracting: The basics of working as a Contractor.
- Digital SLR Cameras: Buying a Digital SLR camera?
- Espresso Machines: A guide for the coffee-addicts who have far too much money.
- Food: Yum!
- Headphones: redbrick opinions on your various music-hearing options
- K750i Upgrade: Flash upgrading your K750i to a w800i. Warning ! Voids Warranty
- Laptops: Advice on purchasing a laptop
- PC Disposal: How/where to dispose & recycle your old PC junk!
- Places to Eat: A list of places to eat in various areas, as recommended by brickies.
- Travel: Going places?
- Wine: Wine!
- A reloadable map of who is heying who on Redbrick, right now!: Written by Phaxx and Shadow.
- Login times for all Redbrick users: Written by Shadow.
- MovableType saga on Redbrick: Thayl has a summary of the problems with using Movabletype on Redbrick.
- Redbrick Code: The Redbrick Code, by wishkah
- Redbrick Diskhogs: Whos hogging all the disk space on Redbrick?
- Reviews of books, movies and music by Redbrick users: Powered by DoC
- Stuff on Redbrick Muds: Yosarian has some useful FAQs, stats and other stuff on using MUD on Redbrick.
- Redbrick Headphones FAQ: Thayl collected responses from what Redbrick people think are decent headphones.