Jump to navigation Jump to search
Spartan King Leonidas
- We're in for one wild night.
- Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in Hell!
- A new age has come: an age of freedom. And all will know that 300 Spartans gave their last breath to defend it.
- This is where we hold them! This is where we FIGHT! This is where they DIE!
- Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.
- Give them nothing! But take from them everything!
- [After Xerxes offered to make Leonidas Warlord of his Empire, if he would only kneel before him] Wow. That is generous. But you see, there is a problem. Slaughtering so many of your men today, has left an awful cramp in my leg [stretches] and thus kneeling will be difficult.
- There's no reason we can't be civil. [Stated while his soldiers spear wounded enemies.]
- [After being threatened with the deaths of the Spartan women] Clearly you don't know our women. I might as well have marched them up here, judging by what I've seen.
- The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.
- Spartans! Prepare for glory!
- [After a Persian emissary declared that their actions were madness] Madness? This is SPARTA!! [and then kicks him down a well]
- [Response to an Arcadian saying their choices were to retreat, surrender, or die.] Well that’s an easy choice for us to make; Spartans never retreat. Spartans never surrender!
- [After dropping his helmet and his shield whilst being asked to submit] You there, Ephialtes, may you live forever.
- [Dying words] My Queen! My Wife! My Love.
- No Spartan dies today!