Website To-Do List
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 15:29, 8 October 2006 by Ryaner (Wiki vhost moved to completed. Added redbrick logo needing to be fixed)
RedBrick's new website is incomplete. If you find any broken stuff, please add it to the list!
- Search results page look needs to be updated eg
- My username is spelt incorrectly :( - receive
- Should the help tutorials be moved onto the wiki?
- Yes, helpdesk are already intending to do this and other things. Best to leave this item for them, they have Plans with a capital Pee. --Phaxx 15:03, 25 May 2006 (IST)
- http://planet.redbrick.dcu.ie should be updated to match style of new site
- When I helped set it up I just linked to the main site's CSS and now thats gone with the new RB site so now it's broken. --The Dead One 10:30, 25 May 2006 (IST)
- If the browser is resized down, the right panel (and, eventually, the middle) disappear down the page.
- Add pictures to the "chat", "boards", "putty" buttons at the top. Antialias the text in the buttons, it looks a bit rough.
- Plans are to fully integrate the site with a login - so when loged in it will display emails, how many people in chat, how many new posts to the boards etc.art_wolf
- Update pubcookie to match look of new website design
- Are you sure? A great many pages will send users to the pubcookie login page, from all sorts of different styles. Is there much point in making the pubcookie page match the style of just one of the sites?
- Yes,assuming the long term plan is for all official redbrick web services to use pub cookie and to look somewhat similar
- Pubcookie enable webmails
- Been investigating this for awhile - problem is that it requires to combining the pubcookie login and webmail logins - pubcookie on its own cannot do this.art_wolf
- Update webmails look to match look of new website design
- Add tab icon to squirrelmail
- No favicon.ico is set inside squirrelmail
- that gradiant affect is annoying on the content pages.
- http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/about/sponsors/ links on right are for about
- Point web boards link to somewhere or remove art_wolf
- web boards still 'linked' in quick links
- The main redbrick logo needs to be fixed . It doesn't display in versions IE that have PNG problems. ryaner
When you complete an item, please move it here, and add your name!
- http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/about/admins/hardware/ should be wikied. It'll be updated far more frequently if it is. art_wolf
- http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/services/userfree/ doesnt work art_wolf
- "Dublin City University Networking Society" is in tiny writing, floating in space & consumed by those large shortcut buttons. The grey text doesn't make it anymore visible either! art_wolf
- /images/blank.gif is missing, ie6 has a nice red 'x' planted over the RB logo werdz
- A link to http://planet.redbrick.dcu.ie art_wolf
- http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/services/disk/ should be removed, its revealing system and user information art_wolf
- The Boards button on the homepage should be changed to something that works while that system is being developed art_wolf
- Roundcube image does not display fully on webmail front page art_wolf
- Include wiki in the drop down list of things to search art_wolf
- Change main picture, it's still advertising the 10th birthday art_wolf
- Move the icons for the pubcookie page back into /images art_wolf
- Move /chat from the old site to the new one. Claimed by: phaxx
- Pubcookie enable chat. (mostly done already, related to above item) Claimed by: phaxx
- Atm, KPMG logo is approx 24k (640width) image, though shrunk in the <img> tag. For efficiency it should/can be reduced to a <2k gif at the size it is to be displayed at (140px). -- werdz
- The font-family bits in the CSS file should have a generic family defined (i.e. "font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif" instead of "font-family:Tahoma") (the site looks odd under ubuntu because Tahoma isn't installed by default so everything shows up in a serif-type font). I'd do it myself but the file belongs to root.. werdz (thanks phaxx for fixing the permissions)
- Not all pages pass html validation chat stats - werdz
- The wiki should be a vhost - wiki.redbrick.dcu.ie instead of www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~wiki/mw/ ryaner