Installing Wordpress on Redbrick
WordPress is a nifty open-source PHP Content Management (or "blogging") web tool. You can use it to handle your website blog with ease.
Setting with SSH
Right so, the permissions on Wordpress can trick you up - if you don't use the right command. So butlerx and pints got sick of all the little problems so wrote a script for it
- Login into Redbrick from Terminal or PuTTY (or some other SSH client).
- Download the script:
- Run the script:
- Follow the prompts of the script
- You now have "wordpress" in your public_html folder, and that's basically as much as you need to do from your SSH connection.
- You need to check the permission on config.php also, so that it is 400.
chmod 400 wp-config.php
- Follow the WordPress instructions there, you will need a Mysql database at this point just email admins for one